Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crochet & Herringbone


I am currently experimenting with some new designs and somewhat slow in posting 
any new items to my blog. 
I have had some friends wondering why less items are appearing,
so I thought I would show some earlier works, just to keep the momentum going.

Here is a necklace I made some years ago combining crochet and herringbone (ndebele) weave.
I enjoy crochet beading as it is slow getting all the beads on the thread but when you get started it is so quick.
The beads are, mother of pearl, red agate with burgundy and green freshwater pearls.
The loops of beads also have size 11 seed beads in an old gold.

I think a very classic and elegant piece.



5 comments:

  1. Amazing necklace. I love the herringbone the way it's connect with the rest of the necklace,and the colour !!! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings and thank you Amy. I did this about 3 years ago.

      Delete
  2. And this one...beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Very, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete