Saturday, August 27, 2011

King's School Art Showing

Here is my display of jewellery at the King's School Art Show. This is the first time I have done a showing like this and it certainly has ellicited a "mixed" response from me. 
On my left was a stand of Vintage and Antique jewellery with some pieces selling for $3000.00 and on my right is a display of Australian Opals and Crocodile leather items.

I sat there feeling somewhat intimidated (only for a moment!)

The evening kicked off with lots of people passing through and lots of finger food and champagne flowing. Not having eaten that evening and finding it difficult to leave my display I broke my diet and partook of the "forbidden" fare. 

I find it interesting that when you are making one sale another seems to follow almost immediately and then nothing again. This has happened three times now.  
I enjoyed last evening and also today. I have had the help of some wonderful friends calling in to see if I need anything and friends driving me around. I am very grateful to them all.
 I am told tomorrow is frantically busy at the exhibition as a large car rally finishes at the school with 1600 cars - and 1600 possible customers.
I hope so and look forward to it. 

 Always optimistic !!

No comments:

Post a Comment