Monday, December 26, 2011

Lotus blossom finished

Here is the completed Lotus Blossom necklace.
I wasn't too sure how I wanted to hang this piece until Eva Maria Kaiser linked the creations of  
Cielo Designs on Facebook.
As soon as I checked the link I was inspired by the cable ropes used to finish her work.

Having done a cable bracelet a couple of years ago (and having been a knitter in the past) it has been relatively easy figuring out the pattern to have it curve appropriately. 
Also check out the clasp - it's a lotus bud - cute eh!

I am inspired to make another cable rope and include some bigger beads along the way. 

HOWEVER

I promised myself I would use the time between Christmas and New Year to finish some UFO's. 
I thought it would be good to start the New Year with a clean slate.

I doubt I will be able to contain myself, when I get an idea I am like a kid who can't wait to see how it would look - just like at Christmas time when kids can't wait to unwrap the presents. 
Maybe I still haven't grown up !!

2 comments: