Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baubles

















Here is my experiment for this morning. I have previously created items like this in the flat/pendant style but not in the round. With the voice "it is not working" in my head I persevered and after awhile I could see where to go and voila here is my "Bauble".  
My inspiration for this comes from a blog I follow - Lilith Schatze. Lilith creates some amazing beaded "baubles" and this is my first attempt, which happily has succeeded.
Pale grey shell pearls, matt navy blue Czech beds, crystals of 3mm CAL Swarovski and 4mm Rose Satin Swarovski with Sapphire Swarovski diamantees and permanent galvanised seed beads. I placed sterling bead caps each end, with sterling silver chain dangles with a lobster clasp at the top so it can be hung off a chain, off suede, or clipped onto a handbag or wherever your imagination wants.  Check out the little bead cap I made with the drop on the end of the chain. Cute.
Now that I have succeeded with this one I am sure others will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment