Monday, September 26, 2011

Meet Antoinette

Here is a bracelet I have called Antoinette.
When designing this piece I kept thinking of the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versaille, the heavy embellishment and decoration of interiors during the times of Louis XV and XVI. 
I also imagined Marie Antoinette wearing such a bracelet - although in diamonds and emeralds.. I like the young colours and the frilly embellishment - thus the name Antoinette.

I don't know if other people have images and stories form in their head as they create new designs but I do and often these images/stories become my inspiration.
I was going to enter this piece into the Melbourne Bead Expo exhibition but have since come up with other improvements. So now I am able to show the design.

I will be entering three items into the show this year - a necklace and two bracelets. It is a great thrill to be able to exhibit and this year I intend to be in the audience for the award nominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment